Mayor Raventstahl and the city historic review commission announced today 7 winners for its 25Th annual preservation awards. Two of the award recipients were the Allegheny Observatory in Riverview park, and the Willock house at 705 Brighton road on the North side. The two projects were both restoration efforts on buildings that were built in the late 1800's or the early 1900's. There were 3 criteria for the awards.
1. The project had to entail preservation, rehabilitation, renovation or restoration of the interior or exterior of a historic building or buildings, or new construction in a contextual design of a historic neighborhood.
2. The project must be located within the city of Pittsburgh
3. The project must have been completed before April 25, 2008.