Thursday, March 11, 2010

Autism Through The Lifespan #7- Adulthood

All this week, DUQ will be examining autism's impact through the lifespan. Story 7 examines the challenges and triumphs of adulthood with autism. Many high-functioning adults can get through college. But when they get jobs, they flunk coffee break. Phil Garrow is 46. He says, "One of the great sadnesses of my life is that I have all this training, I'm a mechanical engineer, I've gone to school, and I can't hold a job because of social reasons." Listen to the seventh installment of DUQ’s nine-part series on autism. Additional installments will follow on 90.5FM WDUQ every day this week during Morning Edition at 6:40am and 8:50am, and on All Things Considered at 4:20pm and 6:20pm. All of the stories will be archived after they air at this link.

No comments: