Thursday, January 13, 2011

Executive Onorato Will Not Run

Saying two terms in the post of Allegheny County Executive is long enough, County Executive Dan Onorato announced he would not run again this year. Onorato is coming off a failed campaign for Pennsylvania Governor where he lost Allegheny County to Republican Tom Corbett. He says that is not why he is not running for a third term, “I’m confident that if I wanted to run for a third term I believe I would win, I would win handily.”

I’m moving on because I will have served two full terms, we accomplished a lot, and now I’m going to close out my second term,” Says Onorato.

“I still think there are opportunities for me in the future to do different things and I’m excited about those new challenges,” says Onorato. The Executive says he does have some interest in running for Auditor General, an office which comes up for election in 2012, however, he says he is just as likely to run for state attorney general or move back into private practice. He says he will not make a decision on any of those options any time soon.

No comments: