Monday, April 6, 2009

Aux Bishop Bradley Heads to MI

A long time Pittsburgh Priest has been appointed by Pope Benedict XVI to be the Bishop for the Catholic Diocese of Kalamazoo. Auxiliary Bishop Paul J. Bradley, 63, of the Diocese of Pittsburgh will become the fourth Bishop of Kalamazoo. He will be installed Friday, June 5, at St. Augustine Cathedral, Kalamazoo. Bradley was ordained a priest in the Diocese of Pittsburgh on May 1, 1971. He served in a number of positions including rector and pastor of St. Paul Cathedral. Bradley was appointed Auxiliary Bishop of the Diocese of Pittsburgh on December 16, 2004. In a release from Rome Bradley says, “I want to express my deep gratitude to our Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI, for the trust he has placed in me by appointing me as the Bishop of Kalamazoo. I am both humbled and excited by this great opportunity to serve the Church as your shepherd."

No comments: